Walt Disney World has announced that it is making significant changes at its Epcot theme park beginning this year. The changes and upgrades to this popular park are part of Disney's commitment to keeping its attractions fresh and current. The new changes are also part of the plan for Disney World's 50th anniversary celebration, which will take place in 2022.
The first thing that guests will notice is the new main entrance. The entrance will have a new fountain design, more pathways and plenty of open green spaces. Once inside, the soon-to-open Play Pavilion will be the first new attraction that guests encounter. The Play Pavilion will be located in the area formerly used for the Wonders of the World exhibit.
The new Play Pavilion will be an 'interactive city'. Guests can explore the 'city' and interact with different Disney characters while learning and exploring. It is a hands-on attraction that is fun for all members of the family.
Additional changes to the Epcot park will include:
- Guardians of the Galaxy indoor roller coaster. The attraction will be the longest indoor roller coaster in the world. It is set to open in 2022.
- Remy's Ratatouille Adventure in the France Pavilion. This area is similar to the one found at the Paris Disneyland theme park.
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along in the France Pavilion
- A new dining experience in the Japan Pavilion
- A new space-themed dining experience near Mission: SPACE
- New 360 degree shows in both the China and Canada Pavilions
- New nighttime display that will only take place in 2019