Marriott just dropped news that it will be matching statuses for customers enrolled in the Accor, Hilton, Hyatt and IGH loyalty programs. The only catch is that members will need to either book five nights (Gold status) or 15 nights (Platinum status) in the 90 days after making the switch in order to maintain status. Marriott will let you keep your new status until February of 2022 if you meet the requirements.
Here's what the apples-to-apples exchange will look like:
- Hilton Honors Gold or Diamond translates to Marriott Bonvoy Platinum.
- World of Hyatt Explorist translates to Marriott Bonvoy Gold.
- World of Hyatt Globalist translates to Marriott Bonvoy Platinum.
- Accor Live Limitless Gold translates to Marriott Bonvoy Gold.
- Accor Live Limitless Platinum or Diamond translate to Marriott Bonvoy Platinum.
- IHG Rewards Club Platinum and Spire translate to Marriott Bonvoy Platinum.
While Marriott is offering smooth transitions, you will still need to be prepared to prove your status in a competing program. Marriott also requires that you have completed at least one stay within your existing loyalty program within the past 12 months. Your 90-day window to book stays to maintain status begins as soon as your upgrade is official.
Just keep in mind that it may take a few days for Marriott to actually complete the switch in your account. The bottom line is that this is a good offer to jump on if you have some big stays coming up in 2020 that would really benefit from Marriott's elite benefits.