The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is pleased to announce the expansion of its TSA PreCheck expedited screening program. Qatar Airways and Edelweiss Air have just joined TSA PreCheck, bringing the program's total number of participating airlines to 67 domestic and international airlines.
TSA PreCheck passengers of Qatar Airways and Edelweiss Air can now speed through the screening process via TSA PreCheck lanes at the airports Qatar Airways and Edelweiss Air serves.
Here's the list of Qatar Airways' gateways in the United States:
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
Here's the list of Edelweiss Air's gateways in the United States:
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- Tampa International Airport (TPA)
Enrollment in TSA PreCheck allows you to go through the security screening procedure in a quicker, more efficient manner. It is available to low-risk travelers when departing from a United States airport to a foreign country and for domestic, connecting flights after returning to the United States. According to the TSA, a whopping 94% of TSA PreCheck passengers waited less than 5 minutes in their dedicated TSA PreCheck lanes.
Remember to add your Known Traveler Number when making reservations with participating TSA PreCheck airlines the likes of Qatar Airways and Edelweiss Air.
It is nice to know TSA PreCheck travelers are exempt from removing laptops and 3-1-1 liquids from your carry-ons, shoes, belts, and light jackets when going through the screening process. The 5-year membership for TSA PreCheck costs $85; some credit cards also offer complimentary TSA PreCheck or Global Entry membership. These cards provide cardholders with a fee credit.