Minneapolis/St. Paul-based Sun Country Airlines has just announced 19 new nonstop routes to be added to its roster this year. While the newly announced routes are all seasonal in nature, the carrier is proud to be expanding and growing its network: This is Sun Country Airlines' largest network expansion in the company's history.
According to the airline, the new routes form part of its overall growth plan for 2019 comprising both the growth of its fleet and the carrier's Twin Cities staff count. Although the low-cost carrier already has the second largest presence among air carriers at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, Minnesota's hometown airline has stated it is more than happy to continue growing its business there, offering travelers more travel options than ever before as well as creating new jobs and opportunities for Minnesotans.
In addition to adding eight new nonstop routes for Sun Country Airlines' home base of Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP) and eight new nonstop routes in recently expanded markets Portland, Oregon; Nashville, Tennessee; and Dallas Fort Worth, the carrier is also adding new nonstop routes from Las Vegas, San Antonio and Providence, Rhode Island.
With its latest route expansion, Sun Country Airlines will serve a total of seven new airports. They are Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD), Dulles International Airport (IAD), Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), Philadelphia International Airport (PHL), Sacramento International Airport (SMF), San Antonio International Airport (SAT) and T.F. Green Airport in Providence (PVD).
Here's a quick rundown on Sun Country Airlines' newly added routes:
- Minneapolis (MSP) - T.F. Green (PVD)* service starts on April 8
- Minneapolis (MSP) - Newark (EWR)* service starts on April 11
- Minneapolis (MSP) - Chicago O'Hare (ORD)* service starts on April 19
- Minneapolis (MSP) - Philadelphia (PHL)* service starts April 18
- Minneapolis (MSP) - Dulles (IAD)* service starts on April 25
- Minneapolis (MSP) - Sacramento (SMF)* service starts on May 23
- Minneapolis (MSP) - San Antonio (SAT)* service starts on May 23
- Minneapolis (MSP) - St. Louis Lambert (STL)* service starts on June 7
- Nashville (BNA) - Portland (PDX)*
- Nashville (BNA) - Los Angeles (LAX)*
- Nashville (BNA) - T.F. Green (PVD)*
- Portland (PDX) - San Antonio (SAT)*
- Portland (PDX) - St. Louis Lambert (STL)*
- Las Vegas (LAS) - Ted Stevens Anchorage (ANC)*
- Las Vegas (LAS) - Los Cabos Mexico (SJD)*
- Las Vegas (LAS) - Puerto Vallarta (PVR)*
- San Francisco (SFO) - Honolulu (HNL)*
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) - Montego Bay (MBJ)**
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) - St. Kitts & Nevis (SKB)**
* Keep in mind schedules and fares are subject to change. Restrictions may apply, too. See terms and conditions at suncountry.com.
** International fares pending government approval.